Bashford & Co
What Is Beef Brisket?
Brisket is a beef cut taken from the breast section of the cow beneath the first five ribs, behind the fore shank. It comprises the pectoral muscles of the cow, which supports much of the animal's weight. Consequently, brisket can be a large cut of meat, between 3 and 8 pounds, and is rich in the connective tissue collagen, which makes the meat tough. A brisket is quite long and is usually divided in half and sold as two different pieces of meat.
How to Cook Beef Brisket?
Since brisket is a very tough cut (full of lactic acid since it is a well used muscle) the best methods for cooking are those that cook at lower temperatures for a longer period of time, such as braising and smoking. Brining is also an option, which will turn the piece of brisket into a corned beef; after the meat is cured in a brine, it is slowly simmered until tender.
- We deliver within a 10 Mile Radius of Croydon (CR2).
- Order before 10 PM for Next Day Delivery.
- Orders over £30 are eligible for FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY.
- Orders under £30 require a £5 Delivery Fee and will also be delivered Next Day.
- Order before Midnight for Next Day Delivery. All orders are delivered on a next day basis. Please order the day before you want your meat to arrive. Thanks.
- WE DO NOT DELIVER ON SUNDAYS OR BANK HOLIDAYS.
All products include a 100% Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee.
In order to be eligible for a refund, the customer must have a valid reason and provide evidence.
All refunds will be made via a Bashford & Co Gift Card or Discount Code.